RPG Crossroads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPG Crossroads

Multiple style rpg games, fantasy/ sci-fi/ free form/ story based/ guilds

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Survival Horror

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Bakkar
Oracle
Bakkar

Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Character sheet
Member Name: 200

Survival Horror Empty
PostSubject: Survival Horror   Survival Horror Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 6:34 pm

After playing three straight days of Resident Evil 4 and drinking -way- too much coffee than is normal for a "regular" person, I've decided we need a new game. Something edgy.. something.. scary. Something where we can make NPC's, give them lives and then take them away in a bloodbath of chaos and disorder while running around shooting guns like maniacs and howling at the moon.

But I decided it would be much easier just to rip off Resident Evil and Dead Rising and see what we come up with. =^_^= Characters will be human, normal everyday people. Officers are welcome but rare, S.W.A.T. members are reserved for ops, and anything from the military is bad, but for a reason. Ladies and Gentlemen.. I present to you, Survivor.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The scene is set in the Northwest United States. Throughout the mountains, small communities began to spring up, either becoming way-points of travel and bustling metropolises, or falling off the face of the map and becoming ghost towns. The city of Spokane was one of the successes. Yet as of late, strange people have been seen wandering around the city, attacking apparently at random.

The local police force is organizing an operation to put an end to the rash of violence to prolong the innocence of their peaceful city, but patrol after patrol disappear into the woods just outside town in the trees. It was four nights from the point the creatures were first spotted, to their attack on the city and it's people. In the midst of all the rioting, chaos and lunacy running the streets, the police prepare to deal with the threat of some new biological agent introduced into the town's water supply.
Back to top Go down
Lyn
Admin
Admin
Lyn

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2007-11-26

Character sheet
Member Name: Lyn

Survival Horror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Horror   Survival Horror Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 3:01 pm

*She stepped out of her car finally to her sister's appartment building. She worried about her from the call she had recived only days before. She stretched herself, the day and a half car drive making her muscles stiff. She sighed getting her back and looked about. She thought it odd, the last few times she had visited, children were always playing, though at the moment there were none. She wondered if it had anything to do with some of the groups she saw as she had drove into town. She looked around almost feeling nervous. Her and her sister had an argument the last they spoke, but never thought that she would try to contact her again.* Well.. here goes nothing..
Back to top Go down
Bakkar
Oracle
Bakkar

Character sheet

Survival Horror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Horror   Survival Horror Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 4:05 pm

The street, though it was nearly mid-morning, was empty. Cars lined up on the streets in front of houses but not so much as a soul was to be found. The air was dead, but when it blew it carried the faint smell of iron and seawater with it, some sickly mix. In the distance a single gun shot could be heard but other than that it was rather quiet.

The home itself stood stoically against the greyish sky, fence hanging open as if welcoming her in, though the looming sense of something ominous in the air couldn't be waved off. Things were simply too quiet for a neighborhood of this size.
Back to top Go down
Lyn
Admin
Admin
Lyn

Character sheet

Survival Horror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Horror   Survival Horror Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 4:12 pm

*She looked about hearing a gun shot, though nothing else. She had to admit, the area around her was unsettling to say the least. She got her bag from her car, searching it for her cell phone. She knew her sister better then most. She found her phone opening it to dial the number and waited as it rang. after a moment she heard the familiar dial tone of the operating system and knew the phone was off the hook. She sighed taking a deep breath and held her bag tight as she started walking to the door.* Mira?.. Mira it's me.. Sam..
Back to top Go down
Bakkar
Oracle
Bakkar

Character sheet

Survival Horror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Horror   Survival Horror Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 4:23 pm

The house seemed empty as she made her way in, the television set to the news showing replaying message on staying in doors, keeping everything locked and windows closed. Lights were to be put out at dusk and could not be used again until dawn, as not to attract attention of the suspects.

The house looked well kept, save for a few odd looking stains on the carpet that looked like some sort of spilled juice. There was no laughter of children, no loud music from the garage while her sibling's husband worked on whatever it was he worked on. The TV continued on.

"If you see -any- suspicious looking people, please avoid them at all costs. There seems to be an infection spreading throughout the city and the national guard is on their way to help local law enforcement. I repeat. Do not engage these individuals. They may not be armed, but they have proven to be extremely dangerous."
Back to top Go down
Lyn
Admin
Admin
Lyn

Character sheet

Survival Horror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Horror   Survival Horror Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 4:29 pm

*She looked about the home seeing it empty. She turned hearing noise in the garage and wondered if it was Mira's husband. She had only met him once, at her wedding though. She listened hearing the news about people and things. She noticed stains and began wondering what had been happening. She just had a feeling she had to get her sister and drive far from there. She moved to the garage door opening it and looking in.* Pete? Is Mira home?..
Back to top Go down
Bakkar
Oracle
Bakkar

Character sheet

Survival Horror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Horror   Survival Horror Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 4:45 pm

The image that greeted her wasn't quite what might have been expected. The door of the garage creaked open to reveal a large pool of blood, the form of her sister crouched over that of her husband on the ground. She wasn't crying, o rmaking much noise at all, other than the sound of something being torn and eaten eminating from the two.

With the sound of the new arrival, Mira's head lifted slightly, a last blood-filled gargle coming from the corpse of her husband as she trained dull, foggy eyes on the girl, slowly beginning to stand despite the blood smearing her otherwise beautiful face.
Back to top Go down
Lyn
Admin
Admin
Lyn

Character sheet

Survival Horror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Horror   Survival Horror Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 4:52 pm

*She looked to the scene in front of her unsure but feeling sick to her stomach. She noted her sister though wasn't sure what she had been doing. She took a step back as they looked to each other.* Mira?.. *She didn't want to wait, something in her mind told her to run. She turned rushing through the home to where she parked her car. She fumbled with her keys before opening the door and locking it once more as she was inside. Her body shook as she pulled out her phone to dial 9-1-1. She had never seen Mira like this.*
Back to top Go down
Bakkar
Oracle
Bakkar

Character sheet

Survival Horror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Horror   Survival Horror Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 11:47 am

The shadow of what had been her sister moved closer, following her on her way out to the vehicle. By the front porch, there were four others on the street headed towards them already. Neighbors, and two children who couldn't have been more than twelve, covered in blood to the point of barely looking as if they still had skin in places.

A dark car comes around the corner not far up the street, the windows halfway down and loud music being played from the large speaker system it apparently had. Seeing the scene, and the girl in the middle of what couldn't be good, the driver of the car slams on the gas. In the short distance the car picks up enough speed to plow through one of the neighbors and the adjescent fenced in part of the next yard before skidding to a halt.

"Get over here!" One of the passengers called out as he pushed open the car door. He held a rather large pistol in one hand and a burning cigarette in the other, clearly a model example for urban youth. Definitely not local.

((Bear with me.. this is going to be greatness.))
Back to top Go down
Lyn
Admin
Admin
Lyn

Character sheet

Survival Horror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Horror   Survival Horror Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 11:56 am

She looked about seeing others getting nothing but a dial tone on her phone. She saw the car jumping slightly as it slammed into the others and called out to her. She froze seeing the gun but a low moan from what was her sister reminded her things were not right. She grabbed her bag and ran to the dark car and getting into the back seat. "Who are you guys?.. What's happening here?.. :She looked out the window at her twin a moment sadly. Then spoke in a soft whisper as if to herself. "Mira.."
Back to top Go down
Bakkar
Oracle
Bakkar

Character sheet

Survival Horror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Horror   Survival Horror Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 2:02 pm

As soon as the girl was in the car, the man who had jumped out began to open fire. One shot ripped half of Mira's head apart before he turned his gun on another of the strange people rushing the vehicle, blowing out one of his knees and dropping him to the ground before shooting him in the head with another round. The shots rang out loudly, muffling her words even as the driver hollered out for the young man to get back in the car.

"Name's Jake." the young egyptian looking man spoke as he settled into his seat in the back next to her, slamming the door just as another of the monsters collided with the side of the vehicle. "You must be new."
Back to top Go down
Lyn
Admin
Admin
Lyn

Character sheet

Survival Horror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Horror   Survival Horror Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 8:33 pm

She looked away as the man began shaking then to the others around the car. She didn't understand what happened to the people. Her sister wasn't like this, it couldn't have been her. "I'm from out of state.. Drove a day or so because of my sister... Said she was scared..." She looked to him as the man that had been shooting sat beside her and intriduced himself. "I'm sam.. well Samantha really.. What's going on.. that.. That wasn't really my sister.. was it?" She started feeling sick hoping it wasn't.
Back to top Go down
Bakkar
Oracle
Bakkar

Character sheet

Survival Horror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Horror   Survival Horror Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 3:54 pm

"Well, she was scared alright. Everyone is." he replied, though quietly as the car fell silent, speeding off down the abandoned street. "All we've been able to do is survive this long. Something crazy went down a few days ago. Weird fog came out of nowhere.. maybe some kinda gas." he shrugged as he explained. "Anybody who breathed it in started acting weird. Like.. talking all strange. My brother got caught up in it. He said he felt like he was itching all over, no matter how much he tried to clean himself up. We took him to the hospital, but the place was filling up quick. I'm hoping that whatever happened, didn't happen to him."
Back to top Go down
Lyn
Admin
Admin
Lyn

Character sheet

Survival Horror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Horror   Survival Horror Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 11:24 pm

Sam listened as he spoke looking around as they drove. It didn't make a lot of sense to her. She noticed the city, seeing how much it had changed since she had last been there. She helf her bag to her chest as she wrapped her arms around herself thinking of Mira. She didn't want to believe it, she wasn't sure she could. "Why did this happen? I mean.. all this.. from a fog.." She looked from the window to him again. "Maybe.. they got to him in time to help him. Have you tried to find out?" She took notice of the weapons again still feeling unnerved over everything. "Where.. did you get the weapons? Were you cops or something?" She half in her mind hoped they had been.
Back to top Go down
Bakkar
Oracle
Bakkar

Character sheet

Survival Horror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Horror   Survival Horror Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 9:15 am

The driver turned onto what was a major road, but now it was devoid of life save for a small crowd in front of the video store, beating on the glass, or perhaps each other, it was hard to tell.

"I tried his cell, but no answer. Well.. no signal anyway.." He turned his attention to the crowd and frowned some with her question. "Let's just say, we did what we had to do." The one opposite her gave a slight chuckle and shook his head, looking out the other window at the bank of trees along the undeveloped strip opposite the boardwalk style mall plaza they shot past.

"We're headin out to Sunset. If you got anything you want to do the rest of the day, let us know where we can drop you off.. we've got to go set up camp." the driver chimed in with a cold tone in his voice.
Back to top Go down
Lyn
Admin
Admin
Lyn

Character sheet

Survival Horror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Horror   Survival Horror Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 2:33 pm

She looked to them a bit worried not knowing anything about these guys. She thought knowing her only plans had been to take her sister and husband back to her own home. She looked out the window at the people wondering just how a fog could have done this. "Can we save them? I mean, our government has the national guard they send out for emergencies and helping the people right?.." She looked back to them but sighed inwardly trying to keep her calm about this. "If it's as bad as you say, I would have been safer in my car driving home. My only plans had been to get my sister and take her home with me.. But.." She looked away again getting the feeling they didn't wish her around. They had told her that everyone here was now one of these things. "How can a person avoid them? Are they fast, still smart? How do they attack?" She felt a need to get as much information as she could before asking to be dropped off in the middle of nowhere. "What's in Sunset? It's just another town over isn't it?"
Back to top Go down
Bakkar
Oracle
Bakkar

Character sheet

Survival Horror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Horror   Survival Horror Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 5:12 am

It was the driver to answer this time. "There's a lookout over the ocean at Sunset up in the hills where people camp sometimes. This time of year it's empty because it's so cold, but if we want to get somewhere we can see them coming and buckle down until the army shows up, or someone comes up with a cure, we might have a chance at becoming heroes in this whole mess."

"That's his plan anyway.." her savior added in at the finish, checking how many rounds he had left in his clip before swapping it for another from his pocket. "If you want to go back to your vehicle, we'll take you. These things are slow, for the most part. I've only seen two or three move quick and it was just because it was a straight line between it and it's victim. Seven shots didn't stop it, so I'm guessing just aim for the head. We're not sure about what was in that stuff, but it moved like fog.. could have been gas, coul dhave been a demon for all we know."
Back to top Go down
Lyn
Admin
Admin
Lyn

Character sheet

Survival Horror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Horror   Survival Horror Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 10:20 am

"I see... And you say that like you aren't heros already. You kinda are to me at least... I proably would have just stood there like a dummy and probably taken by those things.." She sat silently knowing she didn't feel like being alone with everything that had just happened. She felt sick again and held her stomach. "Can we pull over for a moment.. I think I'm going to throw up..." She felt nausious the more she thought of her sister, and the sight of her head shot the way it had been. She didn't feel like hurling though in the car. She wondered for a half second if they would just drive off without her as soon as she started.
Back to top Go down
Bakkar
Oracle
Bakkar

Character sheet

Survival Horror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Horror   Survival Horror Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 10:25 am

The car slowed and pulled over, everyone but the driver piling out and taking positions at three corners of the car, leaving the door open on the passenger side to allow her to crawl out and face the woods as opposed to the church and Wal-Mart across the street.

"Hey, let's hit up Wal-Mart? I bet they have some awesome deals on games and movies about now.. might even be able to afford a new television." Mike (? The first guy? Don't remember) offered with a joking chuckle. The others laughed but the sound was weak, as if hanging on to some sort of joy that was still present in their suddenly frightening world.
Back to top Go down
Lyn
Admin
Admin
Lyn

Character sheet

Survival Horror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Horror   Survival Horror Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 10:35 am

She waited till they stopped and moved towards the trees a bit before kneeling down and throwing up. She felt everything she had eaten in the past day coming back and none of it tasted good the second time. She stood slowly forcing herself not to cry. She wiped her face a bit and looked around hearing the others joking. She turned seeing movement by some of the trees and started walking backwards towards the car and the men. "Uh guys.. What is that?.." She felt sorry for a moment that she couldn't handle her stomach, which may have put them in some trouble.
Back to top Go down
Bakkar
Oracle
Bakkar

Character sheet

Survival Horror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Horror   Survival Horror Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 7:48 pm

The sounds of weapons made ready suddenly interrupted the laughter, three sets of guns leveled on the treeline. Inside the car the driver checked what looked like a sonar get-up duct taped to the dash, a faint beep resonating though it wouldn't be heard outside.

"I think it's time we go.." he called out through the open window to his traveling companions. "Better safe than sorry and we still haven't figured out what we're going to do for dinner." his voice called out again, though this time it was a bit lighter, taunting as if playing the worrying parent to the "tribe" of survivors.
Back to top Go down
Lyn
Admin
Admin
Lyn

Character sheet

Survival Horror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Horror   Survival Horror Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 5:47 am

Sam nodded turning back to head to the car but saw more towards the store now. She had another sick feeling in her stomach not likeing what things seemed to be getting like. "Problem.. More towards the store!" She moved faster reaching the car hoping these weren't the fast ones that they had warned about. "I agree with leaving.."
Back to top Go down
Bakkar
Oracle
Bakkar

Character sheet

Survival Horror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Horror   Survival Horror Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 10:26 pm

Gunshots rang out as two wolves leapt from the treeline. They had been wolves anyway. One was missing part of it's flank, while the other's face had been half removed, one of it's eyes hanging limply from the socket and swaying on a tendon as it shot towards the car.

"Goddamnit, get back in the car!" someone yelled in the group, one of the wolves being blindsided by a large calibur round from Mike's .357. More shots rang out and the one who had been sitting opposite the girl in the car was tackled, his throat the target of the feral creature's aggression. More gunshots as the car reved and Mike grabbed Sam around the waist, diving for the back seat of the vehicle.

The groans and moans of the zombies from the direction of the mall were growing louder, closer as the "army" of the undead made their approach, now suddenly at the street opposite them and already cutting them off ahead further up the road, more coming from behind.
Back to top Go down
Lyn
Admin
Admin
Lyn

Character sheet

Survival Horror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Horror   Survival Horror Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 10:52 am

She stopped suddenly hearing the noise and turning back in time to see one of the guys attacked. She screamed in reaction to the site. She half took an instinctive step towards helping the man till one grabbed her and was pushed back into the car. She closed the doors around them looking for the driver. "They're trapping us... What do we do?" She looked to the one that was beside her, then at the weapons. "Got a spare? I have some skills with guns.. My Pop was a sharp shooter... for fun.."
Back to top Go down
Bakkar
Oracle
Bakkar

Character sheet

Survival Horror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Horror   Survival Horror Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 3:51 pm

A gun was tossed her way from the driver as he reved his engine, debating on which way to go. they needed to get to the beach, but that would put them a long way out. He'd step on the gas, the tires squealing as he shot forward, gripping the wheel at the last minute before hitting the crowd to sideswipe a handfull of them before he'd straighten out the car and drive through the rest, driving in the direction of oncomming traffic. Nobody else was on the roads that he'd seen, so he wasn't worried. "Oh, by the way, hang on."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Survival Horror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Horror   Survival Horror Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Survival Horror
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RPG Crossroads :: Role Play :: Horror-
Jump to: